Narrow Your Search
- SIM (aka Mini SIM) (2FF)
- Micro SIM (3FF)
- Nano SIM (4FF)
- Push-Push -the SIM card is pushed into place and pushed again to release, ejecting by spring action. Push-Push is often used in consumer applications where users insert and eject SIM cards into a device.
- Push-Pull -the SIM card is pushed into place and held in place by force of contacts and pulled to remove. Push-Pull is the lowest cost type of SIM connector.
- Hinged - the connector opens to allow insertion of SIM card, hinged types are useful where a positive lock is required, especially in high vibration environments.
SIM5060 & 5055 hold the card in place in the hinged cover, for ease of use. To achieve an ultra-low profile, the SIM5051 does not hold the card in place.
- Dual - Allows two SIM cards to be plugged into one connector. This is a Push-Pull connector type.
6 contact versions are most popular as used in the majority of GSM or CDMA applications.
SIM contacts no. 4 and 8 are not generally used and defined by the ETSI spec as ‘reserved for future use’. Although 8 contact versions are used in MegaSIM applications.
SIM Card detection switch contacts are covered in a separate search.
Note – Card detection switches are some sometimes referred to as extra contacts. For example: 6+2 (6 x SIM contacts + 2 x switch contacts).
GCT do not classify card detection contacts as +2, but as ‘with’ or without’ card detection switch.
SIM card connector
GCT range of SIM card connector products are available to suit Mini (2FF), Micro (3FF) and Nano (4FF) SIM card types.
Connectors are available in the following styles: Push-push, hinged & push-pull. Furthermore a dual push-pull type allows two cards to be plugged into one connector.
All connectors are surface mount, six or eight pin versions are available depending on series, the six position version is by far the most popular in the market.
Other SIM connector range features:
- SIM card detection switches are available, allows electronic detection when the SIM Card is inserted or removed.
- Profile height options range between 1.35mm to 3.44mm above the printed circuit board.
- Durability, which measures number of card insertion cycles varies between connector types, please check drawings for options. Typcially connectors are rated between 1,500 and 10,000 card insertion cycles.
- Plastic locating peg are an optional choice on some parts of the range.
Product specifications, technical drawings and 3D models are available for instant download on all parts.
The SIM card connector range is RoHS and Reach compliant.