Narrow Your Search
To remove, click
Remove all selected filters.
- USB2.0 is suitable to 480 Mbps, with 4 contacts in Full Size, 5 or 10 contacts in Mini and 5 contacts in Micro.
- USB3.0 (also known as USB3.1 Gen 1 or USB Superspeed) is suitable to 5 Gbps, with 9 contacts in Full Size and 10 contacts in Micro.
- USB3.1 (also known as USB3.1 Gen 2 or USB Superspeed+) is suitable to 10 Gbps, with 9 contacts in Full Size, 10 contacts in Micro and 24 contacts in type C.
- USB2.0 is available in Micro, Mini and Full Size.
- USB3.0 is available in Micro and Full Size only.
For Full Size types, mated connectors are held in place by sprung tangs on the female shell which latch into two cavities on the male shell.
Micro types have the opposite arrangement with tangs on the male shell and cavity on female shells, this is a key reason why USB Micro receptacles are suitable for ten thousand mating cycles.
Micro receptacles are available in B & A/B. B types accept USB B cable plugs and A/B types accept USB A or B cable plugs. A/B is normally used in On The Go (OTG) applications. Click here for more information.
Bottom and top mount defines which side of the PCB the connector is placed. Note – Standard PCB mounting - Micro types mounted on the underside (bottom), mini and full size types on top. GCT also offer non-standard ‘reverse’ mount types. The USB symbol on mating cables is designed to always face upwards, regardless of PCB mount position. Click here for more information.
Mid mount types can be either bottom or top PCB mount and are placed within a cut-out on the PCB, these would normally be used in low profile applications where height above PCB is critical.
2x4 and 2x9 options define dual receptacles (stacked connector).
*GCT offer a special Mini with 10 contacts.
‘With and without mating face lead in’ defines a drawing with an optional lead in.
USB Plug Connector
GCT offer a selection of USB plug connector products - PCB mounted.
- Full size USB in 2.0 & 3.0 speed options are normally used for dongle applications. Both types of connector are mid mount, a hole is cut in the printed circuit board to allow the USB plug to hang over the edge of the PCB, this allow a lower profile.
- Plugs are surface mount with thru hole stakes which offer pre solder PCB retention and post solder PCB strength.
- Plastic locating pegs aid perfect alignment. Plugs without locating pegs are available, speak to the GCT sales team.
- Micro USB plug connector is available in vertical configuration, often used in docking applications. The vertical micro plug is thru hole with locating peg and six thru hole shell stakes for strength, there are two lead length choices depending on your PCB thickness.
GCT's USB plug connector range offers downloadable drawings, specifications and 3D models. All parts are RoHS and Reach compliant.