Narrow Your Search
To remove, click
Remove all selected filters.
- USB2.0 is suitable to 480 Mbps, with 4 contacts in Full Size, 5 or 10 contacts in Mini and 5 contacts in Micro.
- USB3.0 (also known as USB3.1 Gen 1 or USB Superspeed) is suitable to 5 Gbps, with 9 contacts in Full Size and 10 contacts in Micro.
- USB3.1 (also known as USB3.1 Gen 2 or USB Superspeed+) is suitable to 10 Gbps, with 9 contacts in Full Size, 10 contacts in Micro and 24 contacts in type C.
- USB2.0 is available in Micro, Mini and Full Size.
- USB3.0 is available in Micro and Full Size only.
For Full Size types, mated connectors are held in place by sprung tangs on the female shell which latch into two cavities on the male shell.
Micro types have the opposite arrangement with tangs on the male shell and cavity on female shells, this is a key reason why USB Micro receptacles are suitable for ten thousand mating cycles.
Micro receptacles are available in B & A/B. B types accept USB B cable plugs and A/B types accept USB A or B cable plugs. A/B is normally used in On The Go (OTG) applications. Click here for more information.
Bottom and top mount defines which side of the PCB the connector is placed. Note – Standard PCB mounting - Micro types mounted on the underside (bottom), mini and full size types on top. GCT also offer non-standard ‘reverse’ mount types. The USB symbol on mating cables is designed to always face upwards, regardless of PCB mount position. Click here for more information.
Mid mount types can be either bottom or top PCB mount and are placed within a cut-out on the PCB, these would normally be used in low profile applications where height above PCB is critical.
2x4 and 2x9 options define dual receptacles (stacked connector).
*GCT offer a special Mini with 10 contacts.
‘With and without mating face lead in’ defines a drawing with an optional lead in.
USB Connectors with A/B interface
GCT's range of micro USB connectors with A/B interface configuration.
Micro types for USB2.0 with 5 contacts and USB3.0 with 10 contacts offer the A/B configuration which allows these connectors to accept mating cable plugs in A or B types. Standard B versions only accept B plugs. The A/B standard is normally used in OTG On-The-Go applications.
USB connectors with A/B interface are available in vertical and horizontal PCB orientation, with mid mount options for very low profile applications.
Download technical drawings and product specifications, view and download 3D models on this page.